DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Liquid Biopsy and Other Non-Invasive Cancer Diagnostics Market (3rd Edition), 2019-2030: Focus on Circulating Tumor Markers such as CTCs, ctDNA, cfDNA, Exosomes and Other Biomarkers” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report provides an extensive study on liquid biopsy kits / assays that are either commercialized or are under development for diagnosis and / or monitoring of different types of cancer. In addition, it features an elaborate discussion on the likely future opportunity associated with such tests, over the next 10 years.
One of the key objectives of the report was to estimate the existing market size and potential future growth opportunities for non-invasive cancer diagnostics. Based on various parameters, such as number of available / under development products and estimated annual adoption rates, we have provided an informed estimate on the likely evolution of the market over the period 2019-2030. The report also features the likely distribution of the current and forecasted opportunity across:
[A] type of tumor marker (ctDNA, cfDNA, CTCs, exosomes, and others)
[B] key applications (early diagnosis, patient monitoring and recurrence monitoring)
[C] target disease indications (breast cancer, lung cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, bladder cancer, melanoma, gastric cancer, pancreatic cancer, ovarian cancer, and others)
[D] end users (hospitals, research institutes and others)
[E] key geographical regions (the US, the UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Japan, Australia, China, India, and rest of the world)
In order to account for future uncertainties and to add robustness to our model, we have provided three market forecast scenarios, namely conservative, base and optimistic scenarios, representing different tracks of the industry’s growth.
Advances in the field of biotechnology have enabled the establishment of several minimally invasive / non-invasive approaches for disease diagnosis
Amongst other promising diagnostic tools, liquid biopsy has emerged as a versatile and promising non-invasive cancer diagnostic tool. This procedure is based on the analysis of biofluids (such as blood, urine and / or plasma) in order to detect rare forms of biomarkers / tumor markers, such as circulating tumor cells (CTCs), circulating tumor DNA / RNA (ctNAs), circulating free DNA (cfDNA) and exosomes. Moreover, liquid biopsies have been demonstrated to be capable of assessing the stage of tumor at the time of sample extraction. Additionally, owing to the non-invasive nature of the test, it can be actively used to monitor / track changes in tumors, both before and during the course of treatment.
Other than liquid biopsy, the cancer diagnostics market has witnessed the emergence of several other non-invasive diagnostic technologies, which are based on analytes that are either superficially located (such as skin lesions) and / or are expelled from the body (such as bronchial fluids and exhaled breath). Most of the non-invasive diagnostic techniques mentioned above are backed by clinical data, validating their relevance and applicability across several types of solid tumors (such as breast cancer, lung cancer, ovarian cancer and pancreatic cancer) and hematological malignancies (such as leukemia and lymphoma). In future, non-invasive cancer diagnosis methods, particularly liquid biopsies, are anticipated to replace the existing invasive diagnostic techniques.
Amongst other elements, the report includes:
- A detailed review of the overall landscape of the non-invasive cancer diagnostics market, featuring information on the developers of such products and analyses based on a number of relevant parameters, such as year of establishment, company size, geographical location, current development status of proprietary liquid biopsy test (under development, research use only, and available), type of product (assay kit, software / algorithm and device), type of tumor marker analyzed (CTCs, ctDNA, cfDNA, exosomes, and others), key applications (early diagnosis, treatment selection, patient monitoring and recurrence monitoring), type of analyte used (blood, urine and others) and target cancer indications.
- An analysis of the various partnerships pertaining to non-invasive cancer diagnostics, which have been established between 2016 and 2019, based on various parameters, such as type of partnership, year of partnership, type of tumor marker, target cancer indications and the most active players.
- An analysis of the investments made in companies engaged in the development of non-invasive cancer diagnostics, including details of seed financing, venture capital financing, debt financing, grants, and capital raised via IPOs and subsequent public offerings.
- An analysis of the initiatives of big pharma players , highlighting the key focus areas of such companies and analysis based on various relevant parameters, such as stage of development of their proprietary non-invasive cancer diagnostic test(s), key applications, type of tumor marker and target disease indications.
- A detailed acquisition target analysis, taking into consideration the historical trend of the activity of the companies that have acquired other firms since 2016, and offering a means for other industry stakeholders to identify potential acquisition targets.
- Elaborate profiles of the key players engaged in this domain, featuring a brief overview of the company, its financial information (if available), a detailed description of its product portfolio, recent developments and an informed future outlook.
Key Topics Covered
2. Executive Summary
4. Non-Invasive Cancer Screening and Diagnosis
5. Market Landscape
6. Company Profiles
7. Non-Invasive Cancer Diagnostics-Related Initiatives of Big Pharma Players
8. Key Acquisition Targets
9. Partnerships and Collaborations
10. Funding and Investment Analysis
11. Other Non-Invasive Cancer Diagnostics
12. Survey Analysis
13. Market Sizing and Opportunity Analysis
15. Executive Insights
15.1. Chapter Overview
15.2.1. Company Snapshot
15.2.2. Interview Transcript: Joachim Fluhrer, Founder and Medical Director
15.3. Theranosis Life Sciences
15.7. Resolution Bioscience
15.8. Minomic International
15.10. Tymora Analytical Operations
15.12. iCellate Medical
15.15. LCM Genect
15.16. Sienna Cancer Diagnostics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qq63jz